A sustainable future
Our fundamental purpose is helping customers and communities succeed by securing prosperous futures. We therefore support long term strategies that aim to reduce our carbon and environmental footprint, improve our resilience, and better understand the dependencies we have on the natural environment.
As a corporation we have an obligation to the environment and society. But it’s more than that. We are working hard towards creating a significant difference because we recognise the serious impact climate change is having on the world.
Climate change policy statement
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank recognises climate change has far-reaching risks for the environment, the economy, society, our customers and their communities and we're committed to climate change action.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s head office in Bendigo, Victoria is the only Australian bank headquarters located outside a capital city. Opened in 2008, the Bendigo Centre was the first 5 Star Green Star building in regional Australia.
Key features of The Bendigo Centre include:
- Half the energy usage of a typical office building of its size.
- A 50 per cent reduction in the use of potable water.
- A water treatment plant that recycles 20,000 litres of waste water per day.
- Use of recycled water to service all toilets throughout the building, saving almost 4.5 million litres of drinking water each year.
- One of the first large-scale applications of under-floor displacement air conditioning in Australia. Using considerably less energy, this system provides fresh, clean air at a low pressure with individually controlled vents at work stations.
- Solar panels to heat water, reducing the amount of black power used.
- Automated lights that dim or turn off with natural light levels.
Adelaide, South Australia
Opened in February 2014, the purpose-built 11-storey office tower in Adelaide stands 76 metres tall. This multi-million dollar investment demonstrates the Bank’s ongoing commitment to South Australia, our customers, partners, shareholders and staff.
80 Grenfell Street achieved a 5 Star Green Star rating for construction, design and interior fit out, and a Green Council of Australia 5 Star Green Star Office Interiors certification. It also boasts a 5 Star NABERS Energy rating.
The office tower is complemented by an innovative flagship branch, which sets the benchmark for the Bank’s in-branch customer experience.
Key features of our Adelaide building include:
- Innovative exterior architectural design
- Open plan floors
- Central atrium to maximise natural light
- Underfloor air conditioning for energy efficiency and improved air quality
- Vertically integrated floors to encourage greater connectivity
- A variety of improved work spaces
- Large terrace level, including coffee shop for staff
In August 2014, 80 Grenfell Street was a multiple award winner at the Master Builders Association building excellence awards.
The builder, Hansen Yuncken was joint winner for commercial and industrial buildings between $50 million and $100 million and also won the award for excellence in a commercial fit out.
Judges said 80 Grenfell Street was ‘’a sophisticated high rise office tower’’ that would ‘’easily withstand the scrutiny that a high profile city building will naturally attract.’’
Want to know more?
Send us an online enquiry if you have any questions.
The Bendigo Centre
PO Box 480
Bendigo VIC 3552
Registered head office
The Bendigo Centre
Bendigo VIC 3550
F: 03 5485 7668