Sustainable and resilient communities
Our vision is to be Australia’s bank of choice. Our purpose is to feed into the prosperity of customers and communities, not off it. With more than 162 years’ experience in providing financial services, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank has remained true to its fundamental purpose of helping customers and communities succeed by securing prosperous futures. We therefore:
- support long term strategies that aim to reduce our carbon and environmental footprint;
- improve our resilience; and
- better understand the dependencies we have on the natural environment.
We provide disclosure of our carbon emissions, and, we consider and improve the social and environmental and social outcomes of the business decisions we make. We're also:
- developing and participating in initiatives that reduce our impact on the climate and wider environment;
- educating and encouraging others to do the same; and
- working to improve the systems we are part of.
While the Bank has no lending directly to coal or coal seam gas projects, we are working to understand and reduce the emissions intensity of our asset portfolio by working with our business, farming and residential customers to cut their emission.
We know that climate change is already impacting and will continue to impact our customers, the communities in which they live, and the industries in which they earn a livelihood. We also know that some of our customers are leaders in renewable energy and climate resilience and we will work to learn from and enhance these efforts. We’ll therefore:
- enhance our understanding of these impacts and risks; and
- increase the support we provide to our customers and their communities to mitigate, adapt and respond to climate change.
As a corporation we have an obligation to the environment and society. But it’s more than that.
We are working hard towards creating a significant difference because we recognise the serious impact climate change is having on the world.
As a corporation we have an obligation to the environment and society. But it’s more than that. We are working hard towards creating a significant difference because we recognise the serious impact climate change is having on the world.
Climate change policy statement
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank recognises climate change has far-reaching risks for the environment, the economy, society, our customers and their communities and we're committed to climate change action.
Find out how we're making a positive difference to the environment with our award winning head office locations.