Bendigo and Adelaide Bank activates assistance package for customers in Queensland affected by Cyclone Kirrily
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank customers in Queensland affected by Cyclone Kirrily are being offered financial relief with a range of measures now available to eligible customers.
In line with recent Government announcements, affected customers in the local government areas of Burdekin Shire Local Government Area, Charters Towers Regional Local Government Area, Hinchinbrook Shire Local Government Area, McKinlay Shire Local Government Area, Moreton Bay Regional Local Government Area and Townsville City Local Government Area will be eligible for the assistance package.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Chief Customer Officer for Consumer Banking, Richard Fennell, said the Bank will always support customers in times of need.
“We know recent weather events across Queensland have been devastating for our customers and communities in the affected areas. The Bank stands ready to help in any way we can,” Mr Fennell said.
“We have today activated our Natural disaster assistance package and want those impacted to know we are here to support them, over the phone, online or of course, in branch. This is in addition to the assistance package we also have activated for our customers affected by Cyclone Jasper in December last year,” Mr Fennell concluded.
The Bank understands the impact severe weather events such as floods can have on customers financially. The key features of the assistance package for flood affected customers of Bendigo Bank, Rural Bank and Adelaide Bank include:
- Customers can apply for relief on their home, personal and business loans for up to three months;
- Agri business customers can apply for relief on loans for up to six months;
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo Bank customers;
- Credit cards and business credit cards can apply for deferral of repayments for up to three months;
- Waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity;
- No 'loan break' costs for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan;
- Merchant rental fees may be waived for impacted businesses.
Concerned customers are advised to speak with their local Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager or Agribusiness Relationship Manager when it’s safe to do so. Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank customers can contact our Mortgage Help Centre on 1800 652 146 for more information regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance or visit our Natural disaster assistance package webpage. Rural Bank customers are advised to call Rural Bank on 1300 660 115.
If you are a Bendigo Bank Insurance customer with a damaged home, rental building, car or other property please get in touch with us. We can help you make a claim or offer advice. To make a claim on your Bendigo insurance policy, please call 13 24 80.