Attention students! 2023 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship applications open soon
Applications for Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s diverse range of 2023 scholarships - its long-standing Program dedicated to providing monetary support for tertiary students - open next week.
Now in its 16th year, the Program provides students with the opportunity to access a range of scholarships – to the value of $5,000 – to help ease the financial burden associated with the transition to tertiary education.
From Thursday 1 December, students across the country can apply for dozens of different Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships, including:
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Uni Scholarship for rural and regional students - 12 scholarships of $6,500 per student, per year, for two years.
- Bendigo Bank TAFE Scholarship for rural and regional students - Five scholarships of $5,000 per students, per year, two years
- Robert Johanson Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Board Scholarship – One Scholarship of $8,000 per year for two years.
- Bendigo Bank Indigenous Scholarship Program - Four scholarships of $6,500 per student, per year, for two years for those studying at either university or TAFE.
- Rural Bank Agribusiness Scholarship – Four scholarships, (including two Indigenous Agribusiness scholarships) of $5,000 per student, per year, for two years – students must demonstrate a desire to contribute to the Australian agricultural sector.
- Alexander & Bridget Jones - Montmorency Secondary College Scholarship - Scholarship for two graduates of Montmorency Secondary College studying full-time at The University of Melbourne in 2022.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s Scholarship Program is one of the country’s leading, privately funded, scholarship programs. Established in 2007, the Program has provided $11 million to 1,336 students with an emphasis on students from regional and remote areas. In 2022, 292 scholarships were granted, providing $1 million directly to students.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Chair, Jacqueline Hey, said the Bank considers the Scholarship Program an investment in the leaders of tomorrow.
“At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, we are immensely proud of the support we’ve given thousands of students over the years,” Ms Hey said.
“Tertiary education can be costly and scholarships like these can make a big difference for many students. Our scholarships can be used to help finance the cost of travel, accommodation, tutoring, course materials or study equipment.
“Our purpose is to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, and not off them, and our Scholarship Program is just one example of how we do that on a practical level. I urge eligible students to apply as soon as they begin accepting applications next week,” Ms Hey said.
Scholarships are also currently open for a number of Community Bank Scholarships, run in conjunction with the Bank’s charitable arm, Community Enterprise Foundation.
The scholarships on offer vary from different Community Banks and focus on university, TAFE, and secondary school study, with application dates closing by the end of January 2023.
Included in the 2023 Community Bank Scholarships are four scholarships from Lockmore Financial Services (LFS), for university and TAFE-bound students including those whose lives have been severely impacted by the recent Rochester flood event.
Two $3,000 scholarships will be made available to university students and two $1,500 scholarships to TAFE students. They will assist students with the start-up costs associated with their study including travel, accommodation, and school supplies.
LFS Chair, Brad Drust, said special consideration would be given to those students affected by the floods. with Applications open on 1 December 2022 and close on 31 January 2023.
“Our young people are our future, and we believe they deserve support to help forge their careers, and achieve their dreams,” Mr Drust said.
"Investing in education yields great long-term dividends. By helping young people gain access to further education, the returns to the student, their families and their community are significant," Mr Drust said.
For more information on Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s scholarships visit https://www.bendigobank.com.au/scholarships
For more information on the various Community Bank scholarships on offer visit our Community Enterprise Foundation Scholarship page.