Our first Sustainability Report shares how we think about and manage our material environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics.
Firmly focused on our sustainability horizon
"Increasingly, stakeholders have come to value the holistic performance of businesses across important environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics. We too have made changes to show our commitment to change and taking action in this space. That’s why this year, we are proud to introduce our first Sustainability Report. This annual report will document our ESG journey, providing a greater level of transparency, measurement, and accountability to our stakeholders.
We hope our first report demonstrates the importance of sustainability throughout our Bank, as we seek to formalise our sustainability focus and approach."
Read the full message and more in the report.
- Jacqueline Hey (Chair, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank)
- Marnie Baker (Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank)
Provided local banking services to 560 communities across Australia
Carbon neutrality of our operations achieved
43% women in leadership roles and 63% of all promoted employees women
$21.3 million in community contributions enabled by our Community Bank model
Maintained high customer satisfaction of 87.6%
$15.3 million in funds to disaster recovery initiatives distributed through our Community Enterprise Foundation
First set of Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures reporting released
First Modern Slavery Statement lodged in December 2020
Our material topics
- Engaging with and contributing to communities
- Thriving regional and rural communities
- Indigenous inclusion
- Maximising value and satisfaction for customers
- Customer access and inclusion
- Customer wellbeing, vulnerability, hardship and resilience
- Employee engagement and culture
- Talent attraction and retention
- Employee development and capability
- Diversity and inclusion
- Employee safety and wellbeing
- Climate risks
- Sustainable financing
- Operational environment performance and commitments
- Business conduct and ethics
- Engaging and responding to the regulatory environment
- Customer privacy and data security
- Managing our supply chain
Want to know more?
Read the full Sustainability Report
Guided by global standards
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Our approach to sustainability is informed by the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which we believe we can contribute to most as part of our business:
- SDG 5 Gender equality
- SDG 10 Reduced inequalities
- SDG 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- SDG 13 Climate action
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
This report has been prepared in alignment with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards.
A GRI index is included in this report.
Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
We have aligned our climate-related disclosures with the TCFD Recommendations. An overview of the actions we have undertaken this year are included in the report and a separate detailed Climate Change Action Plan and Climate-related Financial Disclosures report is available here.
Feedback on our Sustainability Report
We invite stakeholders to provide feedback on this report, our first Sustainabilty Report.
Please share your comments or questions with our team by email: email@example.com