Annual General Meeting FAQs
The 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited (the Bank) will be held on Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 11:00am (AEDT) as a virtual meeting.
As a result of the continuing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made some important changes to our AGM this year.
Due to the unpredictability of ongoing restrictions on large gatherings and the risks arising from the spread of COVID-19, and in consideration of the paramount importance of protecting the health and safety of our shareholders, employees and the community, we will be holding a fully virtual AGM this year.
This means there will unfortunately not be a physical venue for you to attend. We apologise for this and hope, given all our current circumstances, you understand the need for this approach to our 2020 AGM.
Shareholder participation in the AGM is important to us, and we know it is important to you. As such, we’ve made sure there are a variety of ways you can attend the meeting, and we strongly encourage you to do so.
- The AGM will be webcast live and you will have an opportunity to submit questions and vote in real time at the virtual AGM.
- For those of our shareholders who either do not have internet access, or have limited internet bandwidth, we will have an option for you to listen to the AGM’s proceedings via telephone.
- View the easy reference user guide on how to attend and vote at the AGM.
As per the temporary amendments to the Corporations Act in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the Bank will not be mailing shareholders a hard copy Notice of Meeting this year.
Shareholders who are eligible to vote at the meeting are those who are registered holders of the Bank’s ordinary shares and holders of Convertible Preference Shares (CPS2, CPS3 and CPS4) as at 7.00pm (AEDT) on Sunday 25 October 2020.
Details on the resolutions being put to shareholders this year, and how to attend and vote at the AGM, are set out in the Notice of Meeting for the AGM.
All eligible shareholders are encouraged to vote ahead of the meeting by:
- Voting online at https://www.votingonline.com.au/benagm2020 (using the shareholder’s Voting Access Code provided by our share registry, Boardroom Pty Limited).
- Scanning the QR code on the Voting Form with a smartphone using the QR Reader App and submitting votes electronically.
- Mailing a completed Voting Form to our Share Registry - Boardroom Pty Limited, GPO Box 3993, Sydney NSW 2001.
- Voting in person at Boardroom Pty Limited, Level 12, 225 George Street, Sydney NSW.
- Faxing a completed Voting Form to our share registry - Boardroom Pty Limited - at +61 2 9290 9655.
All voting that is done ahead of the AGM must be submitted by 11:00am (AEDT) Sunday 25 October 2020.
All eligible shareholders are encouraged to submit a question ahead of the meeting by:
- Using the ‘Ask the Board’ facility within the online proxy voting site at https://www.votingonline.com.au/benagm2020
- Downloading and printing the shareholder question form and mailing or faxing a completed form to our Share Registry - Boardroom Pty Limited, GPO Box 3993, Sydney NSW 2001 (facsimile number +61 2 9290 9655).
All questions submitted ahead of the AGM must be received by 5:00pm (AEDT) Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Voting on each of the proposed resolutions at the meeting will be conducted by poll. For further information on voting at the virtual AGM, please refer to the easy reference user guide.
Shareholders can submit a question on the day through the virtual meeting facility. At the meeting, shareholders will be provided with a reasonable opportunity to ask questions about or make comments on the business of the meeting, or the management of the Bank. Ernst & Young, the Bank’s external auditor, will attend the meeting and there will also be an opportunity for shareholders to ask questions relevant to the audit.
For further information on asking a question at the virtual AGM, please refer to the easy reference user guide.
You can listen to the AGM via telephone. Instructions below:
- For Australian residents dial one of these numbers 1800 455 963 or 1800 908 299 (toll free within Australia).
- For overseas residents dial +61 2 9007 8048.
- An operator will greet you and will ask which AGM you wish to join.
- Please state that you wish to join the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank 2020 AGM.
- The operator will request your details before placing you into the meeting.
- For assistance using the telephone conference prior to, or during the AGM, please call 1800 988 898 or +61 7 3036 8188, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Voting and asking questions at the AGM is not available through the telephone conference or webcast. Please see page 15 of the Notice of Meeting on how to vote and ask questions prior to the AGM, or refer to the easy reference user guide.
Yes. You will need the following details to join the virtual AGM:
- Meeting ID: 350 493 523
- Username: Your voter access code (VAC) as shown on your direct voting/proxy form*
- Australian residents: Postcode of the registered holding
- Overseas residents: Your three-character country code
- Appointed proxy / attorneys / corporate representatives: To receive your Username and Password, please contact our share registry, Boardroom, on 1300 032 762 (within Australia) or +61 2 8023 5417 (internationally) or send an email to BEN@boardroomlimited.com.au to pre-register and obtain your login details.
Online registration will open at 10:30am (AEDT) on Tuesday 27 October 2020.
To be able to vote at the virtual AGM, you must log in using these details and submit your votes before the Chair declares the polls closed.
Members of the public can listen and watch the AGM live on the Bank’s website on any device.
Members of the public can also view the virtual AGM as a guest. Instructions to join are available in an easy reference user guide. Please note, guests are not able to vote or ask questions at the AGM.
Note: Only registered shareholders will be able to vote or ask a question as described in the Notice of Meeting.
A recording of the virtual AGM will also be available to view after the conclusion of the event on our AGM webpage.
The Board has yet to make a decision regarding the 2021 AGM.
The Board has yet to make a decision regarding the 2021 AGM.
This means your shareholding/noteholding is maintained by the company whose shares/notes you hold (or the issuer of your shares/notes).
Issuer Sponsored holdings have an 'I' at the start of the Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) which is printed on your holding statement. Issuer Sponsored shares/notes may be traded through any Stockbroker.
If your shares/notes are CHESS Sponsored, you will have completed an agreement with a specific Stockbroker and will be issued with a Holder Identification Number (HIN). Your Shareholder/Noteholder Number will be that HIN, prefixed with an 'X'.
If you are CHESS Sponsored (Holder Identification Number (HIN) starting with 'X'), you will need to inform your broker who will arrange for the change to be noted in the CHESS sub-register.
If you are Issuer Sponsored (Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) starting with 'I') and are a Registered User in InvestorServe, you can update your address online Online Share Registry. Alternatively, please contact Boardroom Pty Ltd to have a form sent to you.
Yes, you can view the status of your Bendigo and Adelaide Bank shares/notes where and when you want to with our Online Share Registry under the Individual Investment Access.
Yes, if you are a Registered User you can change your payment instructions, correspondence election and if Issuer Sponsored, your address online Online Share Registry
You will need to visit a licensed stockbroker to buy and sell Bendigo and Adelaide Bank shares/notes. You cannot trade through the Share Registry, however Bendigo Invest Direct will be able to assist you with this. Alternatively you can find more information on the ASX website.
If you are an existing CHESS sponsored holder, you will need to contact your sponsoring Stockbroker.
Visit the Investor Centre for more information
Ways to connect with us
Send us an online enquiry if you have any questions.
Registered head office
The Bendigo Centre
Bendigo VIC 3550
F: 03 5485 7668
The Bendigo Centre
PO Box 480
Bendigo VIC 3552